Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be Ready With a Plan B For Dinner That Night

Hello Ladies! After Enrichment night was over my brain went on vacation. I promise to blog about that and Sunday's awesome lesson soon... but in the meantime, here's some great info. about the "Macho Chef Night" ward activity we'll be having at Lemon Park on the 31st:

"Okay guys, it's time to show your stuff because the cooking is up to you. Macho Chef Night is a pot luck where the guys cook the food and compete in three categories: Appetizer, Main Dish, and Dessert. You can enter as many entries as you want. The only rule is Mom and all the girls are off the hook from cooking and can help with advice, but can't touch the ingredients. Everyone who comes and eats at the pot luck will have one vote for each category. The one with the most votes in each category wins the title of Macho Chef."

So Ladies, that's the latest and greatest. I'm already dreading how long it'll take to clean the kitchen as a result of this, but my hopes of it being something edible is quite high. Maybe stay away from Bro. Vreeken's though - he's planning on a 'Chili Shake' to be entered as both a Main Dish and Dessert. I think someone's been watching too many Iron Chef episodes. If I had to guess at some front runners I'd say Bro. Kunihiro, Bro. Maranto, and Bro. Conatser. All have proven themselves tough competitors beyond just a grill. So Gentlemen, start your ovens, and may the best chef win!

No comments:

Post a Comment