Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'll be posting about the last couple of Relief Society lessons soon (I know! I can't believe I have so much to catch you up on!), but I just had to tell you how impressed I was with the food presented at the Macho Chef FHE in the Park. Way to come out swinging guys! Preston Stephens and his dad placed 1st in the dessert category and has been kind enough to provide the winning recipe. Enjoy!

Preston's Heavenly Apple Dumplings
2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 Granny Smith apples
2 sticks of Butter (only the real stuff ladies!)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
4-6 oz. Mountain Dew soda
Cinnamon

Butter a 9 x 13 in. pan. Peel and core apples and slice (8 slices per apple). Roll one slice of apple per crescent roll. Place in pan. Melt butter and combine with sugar. Add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract. Do not stir. You want it lumpy.

Pour butter and sugar mixture over the crescent rolls. Then pour Mountain Dew in the cracks of the rolls, NOT directly on the rolls. You need enough liquid that the roll is in half liquid and half exposed. Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon on top. Bake for 40 minutes at 30 degrees and serve with vanilla ice cream. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment