Friday, October 2, 2009

It Can Only Get Better

I know, I know. What can I say? It's all just excuses. I'd promise to do better, but seriously, at this point it can ONLY get better I think.

I'd like to comment briefly on the combined R.S./Priesthood meeting we had. Even though I didn't feel like I was losing touch with reality because of my activities online, I still decided to rise up to the challenge and I deleted all but one of the games I was playing on facebook. Fine, all but two. But I deleted alot, okay? I'm not saying that there was any definite impact... but my kitchen has never stayed this clean for this long. Okay, okay, AND I can see the floor in my bedroom now that I've picked up in there more AND I seem to be able to accomplish more. But that's all I'm conceding to, got it? If you didn't get a chance to hear the apostolic warning, you can borrow a copy from the library or ask Bro. Parker for a copy. It's definitely worth seeing.

Another great moment spent with my Relief Society sisters was meeting with them for the General Relief Society broadcast. I definitely need the recipe for the salad and dessert that our awesome Stake provided (served by the Stake Presidency and High Council no less!). Uber-yummy. Check out this Light Refreshments Served blog for a re-cap of the evening. I couldn't have written it better myself.

By way of announcements - the Zeman's now have a brand new baby boy in their home. Congrats! Also, don't forget about the Relief Society Dinner next Thursday on Oct. 8th. For our "Chicken Soup for the Soul" evening we'll be trying out the soups that we have to choose from for a mid-week activity of making soups in a jar as gifts followed by an inspirational message.

Also, we're in the process of adding mid-week relief society activities, so if you're hoping for something in particular then let us know. We're currently working on a parenting class, a family history class and a craft class.

No comments:

Post a Comment