Good news - Nella McLaughlin's son Nathaniel has returned! Kate and Les Skeen have celebrated their 9th anniversary! Debby Wood's friend Robyn is getting baptized on Aug. 1st at 4pm! My sister Natalie just had her 3rd baby and has, consequently, stolen my parents away to Germany to be with her and we (& the Luecks) both have an exchange student staying with us until Aug. 10th. Michiko and Natsue are both adorable and love meeting new people, so feel free to introduce yourselves. By way of a missionary moment - Dawn McLauglin was able to bring her friend Mimi to the awesome fireside (see yesterday's post) and was grateful for the opportunity to learn more while sharing as well.
Sis. Kantro did wonderful for her first time out! She brought a box in with her that showed kids playing a "Wacky Factory" on it. I honestly couldn't figure out how she was going to relate that to the "Learning the Lessons of the Past" discussion, but I was excited to find out. Yeah, no... she was just using it to hold the REAL display items she had brought with her. Hey, I can dream, can't I? We discussed about how many things in nature are cyclic - the earth, sun, "circle of life", etc. and how history is cyclic. If we can learn from the past, then we won't "exhaust our spiritual strength" in making unnecessary errors. I was particularly struck by the statement that "we're not punished for our sins, we're punished by them". The choices we make have consequences, so the more we can learn from what's gone before hopefully the better choices we can now make.
Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite part of the lesson was, or if you'd like to share a Good News or Missionary Moment. Also, Debby Wood is still in need of hearing what your favorite hymn (& verse) is and why. Feel free to give her a call and let her know.
Janet - DO NOT READ THIS. Lastly, remember ladies... what happens in Relief Society, stays in Relief Society and there's no need for anyone to tell Janet about how I couldn't find the safe place I had put her announcements that she spent time on. Mum's the word! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment